Friday, December 31, 2010

Disney Vacation - Day 5 (9/19/10)

We spent Day 5 at Magic Kingdom. This seemed to be the park with the most to see and do so everyone agreed to spend more time there. We did try new forms of transportation. We rode the ferry and the monorail for the first time. I really liked the monorail alot better than the bus system. So, we decided next time we will stay in a hotel with monorail access (hopefully). Those hotels, we discovered, are quite a bit more expensive than All Star Movies.




We also spent more time looking around at the different things to see. Madelyn wanted to go in every single gift shop. She was in paradise in the gift shops, especially when we let her buy something. We ended up having to buy a luggage set to bring all of our souvineers home. And, that is after we took an empty suitcase for that purpose.



Madelyn loved trying on different hats and ears.





We got autographs from Ariel and Princess Tiana on this day also. We rode some new rides. Here we are on the Magic Carpets. And, I liked this picture of the girls playing in a band in Agribah. Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies so I really enjoyed this section of the park.




This is the day I was finally brave enough to ride the Teacups. I can ride any thrill ride, but spinning in a circle really makes me sick. I haven't ridden a ride like this since I was in the 6th grade. Michael is just as bad as me so he refused. But, how can you say no to these faces begging you to ride? I made them promise not to spin the teacup.



This day Madelyn also got to ride some of the bigger rides with Michael. She really loved Splash Mountain. While they were doing that, Cassidy and I rode the Winnie the Pooh ride over and over again. We never had to stand in line more than 15 minutes to ride. She loved that ride. I think we rode it four or five times.

We also went to the afternoon parade on this day. This is Cassidy before the parade started. If you know Cassidy, you know her falling asleep in public is very, very rare.


This was another time that I was glad I had the video camera. The girls have watched this parade several times a week since we have been home. They just love seeing all of the characters. We met a lady from Georgia while we were waiting for the parade to start. She had two year old twins. One slept through most of the parade. When one of Cinderella's step sisters came by she said, "Hey wake up. She's going to miss it." The girls think that is the funniest part. Here is her saying that to the baby. Her mother was glad that she still didn't wake up.




This is also the day I let my camera go dead and had to take all of the pictures with my iPhone. They still seemed to turn out okay.

This night we stayed for the electrical parade. We had to get a seat really early as this seems to be pretty popular. We got a seat on Main Street USA pretty close to the exit so we could leave as soon as the parade was over. They had games and hula hoops set up on Main Street USA to entertain the kids. Here is Madelyn. She is really good at the hula hoop. There is also a picture of the girls waiting for the parade to begin. This picture was taken at dusk, but you can still see how hot we were. My phone wouldn't take any good pictures of the electrical parade, but we were able to capture it on our video camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment