Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 4 (evening) Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

We were all looking forward to the evening of Day 4. This is when we had tickets to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. The kids were supposed to go in costume. The girls both dressed as cats. There was trick or treating around the park, a special villain show, a Halloween parade, and a special fireworks spectacular. This post will probably have many pictures as this was one of our most special memories.


The park was all decked out in fall leaves and Halloween decorations. It looked so neat. Cinderella's castle was even changed to an eerie purple Halloween color.




After trick or treating around the park, we got ready for the villain show. If you know much about Madi, you know that she LOVES Disney villains. So, this was right up her alley. They did the show twice. The first time we watched it from the seats we staked out for the parade. But, we really couldn't see very well. When they did the repeat of the show, I took Madi as close to the castle as we could get. We got to see it right up close. Michael and Cassidy kept our seats for the parade. Cassidy doesn't have the same love for villains that Madelyn has. Here are some of the villains in the show.



After the show they said that the villains would be coming down for photos, but only for 10 minutes. They told us to form several lines. Madelyn and I were so close that we were in the very front of one of the lines. The only problem is that you don't know which villain's line you are in.

We had been planning our Disney trip for several months, and all Madelyn could talk about was how she was going to meet Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. I had been telling her that this probably wouldn't happen, but she insisted that she was going to meet her if she didn't do anything else. I hoped and hoped that we were in the line for Maleficent, but we weren't. We were in the line for a villain from Princess and the Frog. Neither of us really knew who he was, but we snapped a picture with him anyway. Then, I saw her. Maleficent was the next line over. The workers kept saying that they would only be out for 10 minutes, but we got in line anyway. Madelyn was giddy with excitement. The whole time I kept praying that we would get there before the 10 minutes. The workers kept the line moving quickly. No autographs and only one picture per group. Our line was long. Time kept ticking by. Madelyn was insist ant that we were going to make it, but I didn't think we would. She kept telling me how this was "a dream come true". I kept praying that we would get the picture. Guess what....WE MADE IT. Madelyn posed with Maleficent. I held my camera up to take the picture and it was complete darkness. I just kept hoping that the picture would come out and that I wouldn't mess this up since we were only allowed ONE photo. I snapped the camera, and took the picture. It is a little silly, but I even felt teary eyed while I took the picture. It was one time that I really was able to make a dream come true. It sounds silly I know. After Madelyn saw the picture we actually hugged and JUMPED UP AND DOWN saying "We did it, We did it".


Can you believe we even had time to sneak in a picture with the Queen of Hearts as she was walking back to the castle?



Then, it was time for the parade. The parade started with a headless horseman. Several different floats followed. Here are some pictures during the parade:





After the parade, we stayed for the Halloween fireworks spectacular. The fireworks were set to music. I think the fireworks show lasted 30 minutes with some of the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment